Monday, August 17, 2026

My Idea of True Love - True Love Never Fails (1 Cor 13:7,8)



What is my idea of true love?*

Many people today are confused. The world, porn, trafficking, all the industries connected to it, they tell us true love IS physical attraction. If the body looks good, that is love. But that is counterfeit love. It never satisfies. It always wants more. It rewires the world of relationships.

So what is my idea of true love?

> What is my idea of true love?
> Well it transcends the confines of physical attraction.
> What is my idea of true love?
> Whether physical, mental, or spiritual, it guarantees satisfaction.
> What is my idea of true love?
> Well it rains down like the spirit of Jah from heaven above.
> It believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things,
> And yes, as the song rings, true love never, ever fails.
> Praise Jah and Aman! Praise Jah and Aman!


*1. It transcends physical attraction.*

1 Samuel 16:7 says man looks at the outward appearance, but Jehovah looks at the heart. I have been disfellowshipped before. I know what it feels like to be judged by what you did, and to wonder if people can trust you again. But Jehovah does not see like man sees. Porn trains the brain to only see the body. True love, agape, sees the heart. It can transcend.

Read more: The Rewired World of Relationships

*2. Whether physical, mental, or spiritual - it guarantees satisfaction.*

Counterfeit love only satisfies one part - the flesh - and leaves the mind and spirit empty. That is why people stay trapped. True love satisfies all. When you talk together, think together, pray together, you are satisfied. Philippians 4:8. This is why I keep doing Break Free until I expire. Because true satisfaction is possible.

*3. It rains down like the spirit of Jah from heaven above.*

James 1:17 - every good gift and perfect present is from above. True love is not something we make. It rains down. When I make a post and pour out my soul like a drink offering (2 Tim 4:6, Phil 2:17), it is obvious His wisdom and spirit is with me. I don't write alone. It rains down from heaven above.

*4. It believes all things, hopes, endures, never fails.*

This is what we just studied in w24 August pp.14-19 Study Article 33 - How the Congregation Reflects Jehovah's View of Sinners.

In Corinth, a man committed serious sin. He was removed. 1 Cor 5:13. But he repented. And what did Paul say? Not just "let him back." He said "Kindly forgive and comfort him, and confirm your love for him." 2 Cor 2:7,8. Why? Because discipline had done its work. Heb 12:11. If they refused to forgive, he could be swallowed up by excessive sadness. 2 Cor 2:7.

That is true love. It believes repentance is real. It hopes the person will make it. It endures with them. And it never fails.

I have lived this. I was removed, I repented, I was reinstalled. I know what it feels like to need that forgiveness. And that is why Break Free exists - 186 posts now. My attempt to make amends for whatever damage I did. My drink offering back to Jehovah. Because He believed all things about me, hoped all things, endured all things.

My idea of true love is Jehovah's idea of true love.

And it never, ever fails.

Praise Jah and Aman!


Von Bro' 



---
*Labels:* true love, agape, 1 Corinthians 13, Break Free, Jehovah, reinstatement, drink offering, anti-porn


Full Testimony: BE IN IT TO WIN IT

---
*Inspired Reading: What Shaped This Poem*

This reflection on "love believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7) was shaped by these books:

1. *The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis* - Explains affection, friendship, eros, and agape love beyond physical attraction.
 

2. *Love Does by Bob Goff* - Practical stories of love in action.


3. *Holy Bible, NKJV* - Where "love never fails" originates.


_As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting Jd's Digitals._
---



No comments:

Post a Comment