Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Doctor Calmer Wakes up in a strange place!

SHORT STORIES AND POEMS PRESENTS: “THE HEADSHRINKER” LAST TIME ON HEADSHRINKER:



Doctor Calmer: “Who are you?” …..and where is this place?”
Fake wife: “You are home dear,” and calm yourself, you have been through a lot.”  “A very bad bump on the head, short-term memory loss, and a slight concussion.”

“Lay back down, get some rest, things will make more since 

in the morning dear.”

The doctor quickly agreed for he though if someone would go 
through the trouble to fake all of this, they must be 

watching.  

All he could remember clearly was the prison and that loud 

explosion.  So he laid back down.

TO BE CONTINUED:
VON BRO
    

    Stunned, disoriented, slightly confused, Doctor Calmer carefully plans his next moves.
Suddenly he remembers the device he got from one of his clients:

FLASH BACK:
Doctor Calmer: “Wait a minute!” “You said some of them out there knows more about what’s going on, you shouldn’t be talking here, the place could be under surveillance.
Stand: “Don’t worry Doc, I got it covered, He said as he pulled out a cell phone with an unusual device plugged into it.  “One of my latest creations”
Doctor Calmer: “What is that?”
Stand: “It is a special white-sound device the scrambles one’s personal conversations, so that no one can eavesdrop on you.”
Doctor Calmer: “Scrambled signals can be unscrambled Son.”
Stand: “Maybe so, however when they do, that’s when the software really goes to work and confuses them even more.”  “I call it my tower-of-babel program.” “It will sound like I’m kicking it with my homies, and pay it know mind,”
Doctor Calmer: “Very clever my Son.”  “I will pull some strings and get you immediately put in my custody under house arrest.”  “No one would dare try anything with me watching them.”  “After my report, they would have too much to explain.”
Stand:  “Thanks Doc!”  “You are a good man, here take one of my devices, in case we get separated, so I can call you safely when I can.”
Doctor Calmer: “Thank you.”  “I was wanting to learn more about that device.”
Stand: “I though you would.” “The instructions and specs will be sent to you e-mail.”   

He pulled out  the device he had carefully hid on his person and looked around for anything that looked like a cell-phone.

Fake wife: "Whats the matter, dear?"
He nonchalantly said:
Dr. Calmer: "I seem to have misplaced my cellphone, you know where it is?
Fake wife: "No! You must have lost it when you had your accident, but I know you don't remember, but I got you a new one." "Here dear."  "I know you would like to call your office,' "And you can't wait to get back to shrinking heads."  "I will go make you some breakfast."  As she leaves the room, he assumes he's being watched, so he goes to the bathroom and cuts off the lights before he puts in the devices which automatically triggers a text to Stand to put his in before he starts talking. Stand immediately responds and then calls him: 
Dr. Calmer: "Hi Stand!"
Stand: "Hi Doc!" "We have been waiting for your contact, when we did not find your body in the demolished building." "You okay doc?"
Dr. Calmer: "Yes!"  "I'm Fine." My-Wife?"
Stand: "She's fine; Safe House, Hi security!"
"I got to go now." "The F.B.I. Told me only to talk to you just long enough for them to get a fix on your location." "A rescue mission is on the way."  "Also they know what's up about this device." "Be sure to keep it out of sight."
Dr. Calmer: "Right, son" "And thanks"
    As they hang up, his fake wife walks in:
Fake wife: "Breakfast is served.;" "Come on down dear!."
Dr. Calmer: "Okay,' "I will be down soon!"

TO BE CONTINUED:
VON BRO'

No comments:

Post a Comment